View Single Post

Old 08-01-2017, 05:18 PM

Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
Has anyone else shot the pistol? Same issue?
Had two range officers/instructors shoot the pistol on two different visits. One put the shots right through the ten ring and the other shot right where I did. Go figure.

Quote:
What hold are you using? A 6 O'clock hold or covering the intended POI with the front dot? Using a 6 O'clock hold on a bulleye target at 21 ft almost guarantees the shots will be low.
I actually shoot at 2" Shoot 'n' See pasters on plain 11 x 17 paper and hold at 6 o'clock on the pasters.

Quote:
Three dot sights line up the dots horizontally ....don't line up top of front sight with the top of the rear sight.........
That's what I do. (I'd also contacted S&W about designed POA on this pistol and they replied it was intended to cover the intended POI with the front sight dot, not to hold under it.) But when I comment on the POI being low it is relative to my POA.

Quote:
you replaced the rear sight ...... is it centered?? ...maybe move rear sight to the right........
Had the new sights installed by a gun smith of good reputation, though he is more a 1911 guy than a 3g guy. I am definitely going to move the sight to adjust for windage but want to be sure I can get the elevation under control first as that is the most vexing problem.

Quote:
Ammo weight will also impact............ I use 124gr or maybe 115 ......... not 147
Had the same POI problems with the original (to me) sights and experimented with all three bullet weights. I had no discernible difference in POI with the three weights.

Thanks much for the thoughtful advice.