View Single Post

Old 08-04-2017, 08:10 AM

Liked 15,520 Times in 6,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithherrington View Post

Whether or not the unsupported assumption that mixed range brass is the least important in a wide variety of variables is not the point. Addressing each variable you do have control over very much is. How many of us spin pistol bullets and cull those that are out of balance? I don't. How many of you trim semi-auto pistol brass? I don't. How many of you deburr the flash hole or ream the primer pocket on pistol brass? I don't. It's not that they are not important steps; it's because I don't want to spend my time doing those steps.

But, how many of you religiously clean and sort pistol brass? I do, every single time I load. How many of you track the number of times you use a piece of brass? On my heavy revolver loads, such as high pressure 45 Colt, 480 Ruger, and 500 Linebaugh, I do...every piece of brass. On my 45 ACP and 9mm bullseye match loads I do it differently. I shoot only new Starline at the 50 yard line where it counts. I shoot mixed brass at 25 yards where my own ability (or lack thereof) to control shot dispersion far outweighs the benefit of sorting brass.
OK then, in summary for the most accurate loads use NEW brass every time you shoot at 50 yards, no need to trim, debur or measure/weigh bullets.

Use Starline brass unless there is a better brass for other calibers,at 25 yards then it doesn't matter.??

This will improve accuracy.