View Single Post

Old 08-04-2017, 06:41 PM

Liked 6,618 Times in 2,200 Posts

Hey, a blast from the past, resurrecting a 3 year old thread.

Still & always a relevant topic, though.

I just took a couple of my guns in to do my annual LEOSA qual. In this instance it was a CS45 (pistol) and one of my M&P 340's (snub revolver).

Both handled and balanced well in my hands. I hadn't used either of those particular guns for range work in just over a year ... which is one of the reasons why I chose both of them to use, "cold", for the qual. No "warm ups" or practice beforehand, either. Just hit the range cold and use them.

Both felt, balanced and handled in my hand as if it hadn't been over a year since I'd last fired them, but more like I'd just used them in the last week. 1&2-handed, and at all the normal ranges regularly used for such quals.

The ammo used in the CS45 was a mix of some older 230gr Rem Golden Sabre and Win T-Series I've previously used.

The snub loads were a mix of some 125gr & 135gr Gold Dot +P, some Win 130gr +P (RA38B/PDX1), Rem 125gr Golden Sabre +P, and a little standard pressure 130gr ball loads I had left over in my old range ammo. The +P loads were the same stuff I normally use in my other +P capable J's, for both range and carry use.

The little J felt like "home". Familiar, comforting, light and easy handling. Rapid, accurate shot strings putting clustered hits where intended, except for one sole round landing a bit up in the second scoring zone, albeit "centered" (think spine/aortic arch).

Virtually every time I take one of my J's to the range, I remember why I like them so much, and like to default to one of them when their size permits (some of my jeans have pockets that are too short or tight, so one of my LCP's does the duty when I wear those jeans).

Shooting one of them feels as comfortable as wearing a favorite pair of old leather gloves or boots.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 08-04-2017 at 06:44 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: