View Single Post

Old 08-06-2017, 10:53 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 27,996 Times in 8,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalt View Post
I don't know much about Manurhin, but they also make (made?) ammunition, as I have several boxes of it in different calibers. They are famous principally for the manufacture of high speed commercial ammunition loading machinery. I have seen it in operation at both Winchester and Federal ammunition plants.
Ammunition and ammunition manufacturing machinery were (and are still) actually Manurhin's primary business pretty much since its founding in the early 20th century, although there have been some changes in terms of corporate identity and exactly what entity the name Manurhin applies to.

They are known for producing the Walther pistols under license after WW II; most people have seen the PP's with Manurhin-marked slides, but what most people don't know is that until the 1980s ALL Walther PP and PPK pistols, including the "Made in West Germany"-marked ones, were manufactured by Manurhin and just the end-finishing done at Walther in Ulm.

The reverse happened to the Manurhin-marked Walther P 1's by the way. Made in Germany, shipped to France in the white and finished, and voila, "Made in France"; this was required particularly for the Berlin police which under its special occupation status could not carry German-made guns. Pretty silly.
The Following User Likes This Post: