View Single Post

Old 08-06-2017, 12:05 PM

Liked 17,407 Times in 6,692 Posts

For whatever reason, sales of "vanilla" versions of the 3rd Gens are a bit sluggish right now. It took me a few months to sell my 3953 and I barely broke even on it. Not that I was looking to make a profit on it, but a few dollars above what I paid for it originally would have helped offset some of the improvements I put into it. (recoil spring, magazine spring, cleaning and lubing)

My 3913 is languishing on a local firearms forum. It will sit there and move eventually as I'm under no pressure to sell it.

My 3rd Gen and other S&W "wish list" is pretty much complete. Model 13-4 3", Model 18, 3913TSW(s), 3953TSW (no rail), Model 36-1 3" are all in the safe (or on my hip).

The ones I noted in a previous post are on the "wish list", but are unlikely to fall out of 3rd Gen heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
That pre-rail 4553TSW looks awfully nice, but the asking price is way beyond my means, especially right now. I'm a little confused as to why the magazine appears to be hanging low but could be that it wasn't fully seated for the pix.

The pre-rail 4513TSW appears to be in reasonable enough shape for a carry gun but a bit short of premium grade in my book... which explains the relatively modest price for such a fine, in-demand 3rd Gen. Tempting, but I think I can restrain myself.

In a place like highly-restrictive moonbat Massachusetts, you take what you can find as a handgun collector... and then you upgrade when a better condition gun shows up. That's how I ended up with so many duplicates. Still, I'm not ready to start selling off any of my all-metal guns right now, especially my beloved 3rd Gens.

It will be interesting to see what my beloved 3rd Gen collection will bring locally, assuming I start selling them off before I kick the bucket and don't try to take them with me. Asking prices are up for sure, but I'm not seeing any big rush to snatch up the few that are currently available locally (virtually all duplicates to what I already own). It might be that Internet sales will make the most sense money-wise... not to mention probably faster too.