View Single Post

Old 08-06-2017, 02:15 PM

Liked 230 Times in 118 Posts

See if you can talk him out of debasing / degrading the gun by shooting it
(and cleaning it) . Explain to him that a mint condition nickel 29-2 four inch isn't something you find everyday . If he wants to go shooting ,he should buy a 629-1 , you can shoot it and clean it and shoot it and clean it and it will not drop in value . Their is a reason beautiful 29-2s are hard to find, that's because very few were kept unfired . To find one that made it 40 years in mint condition, only to get it out and shoot it is insane.
You have to respect and preserve these rare finds .
Their are collectors out there who would pay a huge premium and drive a thousand miles to get their hands on a mint nickel -2 , and your friends first though is to debase this gun. I know at the end of this day, it is HIS gun and he can do whatever he wishes with it , but man , it just makes us collectors cringe to read these stories . These 29-2 and 27-2 guns are right on the heels of the Pythons and will be bringing todays Python prices 5 years from now, trust me. Encourage your friend to Preserve the history and savor in the privilege of owning such a beautiful example of such an American firearms Icon .
His first trip to the range will turn that $ 1,400 gun in to a $ 1,100 gun .
Just my facts , take them for what they are worth , or not .

Lewis
The Following User Likes This Post: