View Single Post

Old 08-07-2017, 03:10 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejjeff View Post
Not an N frame but i was lucky to pick up a 19-3 last week. It came with the original target grips. After a cleaning I installed a set of magnas. Now it's right for me. Love a purple and blue revolver.

CONGRATULATIONS!! that is the exact 4" 19 I hope to have one day. It looks beautiful. I understand why people change out the grips in favor of Pacmayr and so on, but they just look so exquisite with the magnas. That is an exceptional looking piece my friend. I really like the nickel ones too, but I want a blued one. I am desperately seeking a blued snub 19 as well. It's all a matter of preference, and I am sure plenty of people think the guns done look good with magnas, but I always figure if Smith was going to sell them that way, why not? I know they also sold them with target grips as the stock grips, but I'm just, saying be proud of those magna grips. Until I saw this post, I was beginning to think I was the only one left!! Glad to see there are others as well. This was an old thread, but I couldn't help but comment. In fact I signed up on here just to comment on it! I also love the 3rd issue Colt Detective Specials with the magna style grips from the first or second issue DS. They look incredible. I just see constantly on forum pages here and other forums and on YouTube videos constantly about people griping about how it hurts their hands. It makes me sad. It's a gun, it should kick!! If you're worried about your hands hurting, go bake a cake or something (no one take offense to that please, it's a general catch-all statement for thousands of people I've seen complain). If my gun doesn't kick hard enough, I'm out looking for hotter rounds! Just glad to know I'm not alone in my feelings and to you whom I quoted, that is an incredible firearm, be proud and it looks amazing with the magna, I'm very proud to FINALLY hear someone took OFF the target grips so they could put ON some magnas. Makes me wanna sing the National Anthem! Haha
The Following User Likes This Post: