View Single Post

Old 08-08-2017, 03:04 PM

Liked 132 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker56 View Post
Finally get my gun back on Thurs July 27, paperwork says "Evaluate/Repair, Polish Barrel/Chamber, Passed Range Testing". When I sent the gun back I was told only to send the gun nothing else. Got the gun back they included another 7 round mag. Finally got to the range today, new mag worked fine. Put another mag in from original purchase, fired one time and hung up, didn't feed. Fired the the rest of the mag after ejecting the mag and tapping the mag to seat bullets. Tried the other 6 round original mag, same thing, miss feed. Put the new mag in worked fine. Put a few more mags through and worked fine. Put original back in, fired once and miss feed. Something must be wrong with the original mags. I'm using FMJ Sellier & Bellot ammo. Disappointed.
Before you give up on your 45 Shield, definitely do the following:
1) Research similar recent threads about changing the followers in your original magazines to the newer grooved followers. The followers CAN be the reason for the misfeeds.
2) Load & unload your mags several times to smooth up the follower action inside the mag tubes. There are threads about lubing, too.
3) Change your ammo! I shoot American Eagle 230 and Remington UMC 230 with total reliability. I also shoot Federal HST 230. The 45 Shield mag tubes are short and tight and any excess overall cartridge length can hinder proper feeding. I never liked S&B ammo, anyway.
4) If all of the above fail, CHANGE your recoil spring assembly!!! I cannot emphasize enough how important that is. The factory will send you a new one, as they did me. Once I changed my RSA and the followers, I have 100% reliability in my 45 Shield.

Good Luck.
The Following User Likes This Post: