View Single Post

Old 08-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts
Default What's collectible and what's not maybe????

In the past I never thought about buying a new gun that I consider a collectible at the time of purchase nor in the future. Let's say in 1976. My ruger police service six with the the bi centinal inscription. Fast forward to now 40 years later I seen one gf32 a 1977 without the bi centinal inscription sell for $750. I'm thinking with me being the orginal owner with box and papers it's worth about $1,000 to a ruger collector. This police service six is a fixed rear sight, 357 mag with a 2 3/4" battalion in stainless. This is a example to make my point what might not be collectible when we bought it, in time it becomes a collectible. Any gun can become a collectible and sought after. Some do and some don't.
Just look at the older H&R 22cal revolvers. I think that H&R exploited the 22 cal revolver market by offering so many different models. Yet there still affordable. Why hasn't their prices gone up? IDK. There old enough. They were used by plinkers, hunters, trappers? I see the colts and s&w 22cal revolvers soaring pricewise. There all from the same era?

Another point is to take care of what you own someday it might be a collectible.

Last edited by BigBill; 08-09-2017 at 09:14 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: