Thread: Kahr K9
View Single Post

Old 08-09-2017, 09:36 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,606 Times in 958 Posts
Default Kahr K9

Stopped in my local Gander Mountain and their going out of business prices have finally gotten to a point where they make sense. They had several used Kahr K9s with pricing 50% off the listed price of $599.99.

The actions of all the guns were gummy and dirty - they must have been sitting for a long time. I picked out a lightly used one with faded night sites. $325 OTD. They only come with one mag and no box, but still a good deal. When I get it home I'll blast it clean then re-lube it and take it to the range.

These guns haven't been in the counter long. It makes me wonder what else GM is going to find on their back shelves.

For those of you unfamiliar with the K9, it is an all stainless steel compact single stack 9mm. a little smaller than a 3913, but a little heavier too due to the all steel construction. DOA trigger that is smooth and light with about 1/2" travel. No stacking. Grips are a little smaller than a 3913. A great gun to take someone with smalls hands to the range with, but I can handle it OK with my big mitts too.

They've taken a back seat in the Kahr lineup to the polymer frame guns, but they are well made, reliable, soft shooting and easily concealable guns.

Can't post pics yet because this state requires a 72 hour wait time. Will post when freed.