View Single Post

Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM

Liked 1,191 Times in 439 Posts

I try and buy quality. Case in point, the pre-27 I got last spring. Pics on gunbroker were poor.
But in researching it I decided to bite. Ended up being a nightstand gun with little use or wear.
Paid about$700.00, worth about 1100.00. In that way, the price goes up (A little). It's
sorta collectible.

Lately I've been buying SIG police trade in guns. I could not justify buying one at the "new"
price but can do it with the "surplus" price.And they are SIG'S. They shoot better than I can,
and once they have been reabsorbed into the national market the price will again climb.

The reference I use for that is the Model 64's. They are still being sold off as surplus
correctional facility guns so the price is still low. Once that source dries up they will climb.
That is due to demand for a simple, reliable weapon and the material they are made of.

But since I'm a shooter and not a "pure" collector, my stuff is used and not totally pristine.

The only one I bought I really feel bad about was a Bakal 12ga Single shot that Kmart sold
in the early 80's. I bought it to have as a knock about. And It still is. Looks like a piece of
sucker rod on a stick but shoots ok. Very noncollectable.

Last edited by serger; 08-10-2017 at 11:44 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: