View Single Post

Old 08-10-2017, 02:48 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,632 Times in 5,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expygator View Post
There's a lot of hate [experience] being thrown around ....
I like my word better.

Having worked in a gun department in a Nevada sporting goods store at one point in my life I saw lots of gals who wanted a ccw. I can't recall ever seeing it go well when a husband/boyfriend tried to help. Typically they were gun guys and hauled in all their built-in prejudices along with their lady. The guys thought they should do all the talking. When I'd talk to the lady the guy would always (there aren't many absolutes in life, but that was one) butt in and answer for the gal. I'm not suggesting you're that guy. I'm simply sharing my experience, like so many others here have done.

We didn't have the plethora of S&W J-frames or semi-autos back then. I would think it would be a hoot to work in a big shop nowadays, helping new shooters pick out something that feels comfortable and they can operate.

If I had that opportunity today I believe I would focus on Centennial model revolvers for a gal who wanted to carry in a purse. As with pocket carry, there's no hammer to get hung up. I put a Hogue Tamer on my 43C, 8-shot, 22lr. There's hardly any felt recoil, and the same grip on my M&P 340 makes the .357s seem not so bad.

I make two points here. Any gun right out of the display case might not feel or fit right. If there's an opportunity to try different grips on a gun it can make all the difference in the world, no matter the caliber.

Slàinte,

Bob
The Following 3 Users Like Post: