View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 06:41 PM

Liked 10,793 Times in 3,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xynty View Post
...I'm gonna call S&W anyways just to ask if they would swap the barrel ... I showed it to the guys at the gun range they looked at it and said they all pretty much look like that now... I even checked their shield they got for sale... same story ... same looking barrel as mine...

Not that I really care since the gun and barrel take wear over time anyways but when you buy new you expect perfect condition... my next firearm def won't be S&W.
I don't understand what's happening at S&W. I have a 2 1/2 year-old 40c, a 2 year-old Shield 9, and 6 month-old Shield .45, and all of them came with perfectly finished unmarked barrels. If the current crop of Shield 9 barrels all look like yours, S&W needs to go back to what they were doing in the past to prevent wear marks during test firing. Would it seriously erode their profits to properly lubricate the barrels beforehand? No. What will seriously erode their profits will be permanently turning off customers by selling them beaten-up looking new guns.