View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 09:54 PM

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
..I'd tell them that they had four chances and haven't been able to fix it. I want a new gun. And since it never worked right I hope they don't give you the 'buy a new one at a discount' routine.

I really like the Shield, ergonomics, trigger and shootability. I'm sorry you have such a bad taste. I wouldn't let a lemon shake you off, because if you get a good one, I'm sure you'll like it.
I told them the last time via e-mail to the CSR spvsr and cc'd both the President of S&W and the VP of production . Explained everything and stated I would only except a new firearm or my money back. S&W shipped back my firearm stating they fired four magazines and it functions as designed. No contact until after they shoved it back at me. Then I find out they replaced the complete slide but would not address why the trigger locked up.= "We don't have any notes regarding that" .That was in January of this year. I let that pistol sit on the shelf for seven months , simply because I did want to waste ammo , my time and be disappointed once again. The underhanded manner in which S&W treated me put me off for good. And I never heard boo from anyone higher up than the CSR Supe.

As for the gun itself, I like it .The size , the fit . How it carries and shoots. That's what really sucks . But if it's not reliable it's worthless. Worse yet = California = Not a whole lot of choices . If it's not on the CA Roster of state approved Handguns No dice.Very few choices for a compact pistol as small as the Shield.

Last edited by M&Petey; 08-12-2017 at 09:57 PM.