View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 11:22 AM
US Veteran

Liked 18,754 Times in 4,800 Posts

Like you, I'm primarily a S&W guy. But I do have a few Colts and like them just as much.

A 3rd issue Detective Special was my first legal carry gun. Still have it and still love it. I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it and didn't get it back for over 20 years.
I've got a soft spot for the D-frames and have added a 4" .38 Diamondback that I lucked into at a good price. I'll never sell either one of these.

Not long ago I picked up a 6" Trooper Mark III for $600. Another excellent shooter and reasonably priced. I shot it right next to my 6" Model 19-4 and the Colt won!

I never really wanted a Python. I have a 6" only because my best friend passed away and left it to me. It is a great gun and has special meaning to me. But honestly, with the outrageous prices they now bring, I never would have bought one.
On another forum I visit a LNIB 4" Python was listed for sale at $3000. It sold rather quickly. That's just nuts.

JMHO: I think all that stuff about Colts being fragile and going out of time easily is way over blown. Unless you shoot them a whole lot with heavy loads, I think a Colt will hold up just as well as any other revolver.

Last edited by Grayfox; 08-13-2017 at 11:42 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: