View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 11:38 AM

Liked 156 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman51 View Post
All it takes is a bill of sale and exchange of ID info for a sale between individuals okay protecting the seller and buyer. You got to watch you don't buy a hot gun though. If the seller is original owner it is a major plus.
I only sell or buy from an FFL or face to face.

With the rebates from S&W you can possibly buy a new one for about same money if the rebates are still offered.
1. Don't know about Texas law, but a private sale anywhere I have been LEGALLY does not address ID or Bill of Sale being involved. It is up to you to require an ID if you want. It's your gun. I have bought guns at yard sales. No ID, no names, etc. Now though, as an FFL any gun purchase I make has to go in my A&D book. (per my ATF agent).

2. Sending a firearm to be repaired (factory or FFL gunsmith) does NOT require involvement of FFL on sender's end, nor when repairs are complete. Gun can be sent to SAME person at SAME address with no FFL. Copy of ID or Driver's License should accompany shipment.

3. Too bad the Left jumps on common phraseology on our side, but it's true. No harm, no foul. Just a sensitive term.....

Last edited by jim46ok; 08-13-2017 at 11:41 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: