View Single Post

Old 08-14-2017, 12:05 AM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

The primary question on whether or not to purchase a CZ with an Omega trigger v.s. Standard comes down to one question. Are you the type of firearms enthusiast that does not want to spend time and $$$ to modify triggers? Some take pride in modifying everything. Some people just want something that is as good as the factory can make it within a price point.

If you're one who wants to tinker and modify, purchase a standard CZ75. You can swap in and out springs, sears, etc to adjust double action trigger pull, single action trigger feel, etc. Quality parts can cost $$$.

If you want a nice all-round trigger, go for the Omega. It has a smoother double action trigger pull.

Lately, I've found myself to be less than motivated or inclined to modify a factory trigger. I've finally accrued enough trigger time to discover my preferences. If the pistol doesn't fit my hand or trigger feels odd out of the box, I don't buy it. Consequently, my firearms buying has slowed down. Given this background, I confess to owning three CZ's:
  • A 75B high polish stainless, 2016 new.
  • A lightly used 2013 75B.
  • A CZ 75D PCR 2016 new.

One BBQ gun. One range shooter. One carry gun. I find the triggers on all to be acceptable as they are, no tinkering. The double action trigger pull on all three feel the same to me, producing similar results on paper. The single action on the regular 75B is a touch nicer via wear in. I shoot the regular 75B more than the BBQ gun. The single action on the decock only PCR is a little less nice than either of the two safety only models. I suspect it would be very difficult for a new to intermediate firearms enthusiast to be able to discern the small difference.

Why did I not choose an Omega? The "improved" double action trigger pull does not provide me any real practical improvement on target. I prefer the standard SA trigger feel on the pistols I own.

Last edited by JaPes; 08-14-2017 at 12:07 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: