Thread: EDC Lesson
View Single Post

Old 08-14-2017, 04:08 PM

Liked 17,305 Times in 6,652 Posts

Without knowing the NV self defense laws, I can't comment on whether what you did was legal or not. That aside, I think drawing a gun because a person spoke to you might be hard to defend if you were questioned.

Maybe not in NV, but in MA if I did that and the homeless person called 9-1-1 and complained, I'd likely lose my license to carry even if I wasn't charged.

Again, NV probably has a different standard, but I don't know what threat you could articulate that would support drawing a weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
My wife and I went to a gun show late one afternoon and when we left it was dark. My wife wanted to stop at a grocery store so we did. I parked along the outside edge of the parking lot where the lighting was no the best.
As we exited the store I gave my wife the keys and I pushed the cart and surveyed the parking lot, all looked OK.
I wife pushed the button to open the rear hatch and as I got to the rear of the car a person stood up between the cars and asked "GOT ANY MONEY"
I pulled my Ruger LC9 and advised him in pleasant but business like tone to get the @##$@ away from me.
He understood and left the area post haste. He was in dirty clothes like a street person and may not have posed a problem but coming up out of the shadows late at night was not the best way to approach people.