View Single Post

Old 08-18-2017, 02:02 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Well, the two most obvious question nobody's asked: why are you carrying, and what are you?

If you're concerned about general criminality, a Ruger LCP or other teensy .380, or a S&W J-frame fits the bill.

If you're worried about "civil unrest" on campus (once laughable, but now a consideration I'd take very seriously), then I'd consider something in at least 9mm, with a bit more capacity.

If you're concerned about something more serious than a little ol' riot, I'd keep the same cartridge, but downsize the capacity, on the basis that the number of threats will be as serious but less-numerous than the prior scenario.

Same deal with method of carry. I would discard truly deep concealment options, strictly on the basis that they're not particularly useful for the most common threat (criminality) that you're likely to face. If you can't get it out in a timely fashion, then the gun is just a liability, in that you're carrying around a very convenient murder weapon for whoever decides to take it off you.

Now--what exactly are you?

If you're a student (male or female) I would discard any rear-side carry option, for the simple fact that you're going to have a smallish to largish number of people sitting behind you, staring at your backside. Not because your backside is super-great to look at, but because lectures are boring as hell and people will generally entertain themselves by staring at their phones or scanning the room.

So--front-pocket carry, most likely, will be the most comfortable.

If you're a professor, IWB might work with a decent tuck. As nice as it would be to wear a jacket all the time, it's not really a comfortable option. Front-pocket might be a bit tough to pull off, but doable with the right holster. Again--where are people going to be looking?

If you're neither of the above, then pick whatever's most comfortable. I wouldn't be that concerned with not printing. People aren't that observant under normal circumstances.

And if you happen to be carrying because you're lawfully allowed to and you feel like making a personal statement--go nuts on the deep stuff.

Point is, more information would be useful.

Last edited by Wise_A; 08-18-2017 at 02:04 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: