View Single Post

Old 08-18-2017, 10:38 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamin7 View Post
I'm a graduate student, which is probably the most varied role to have. Some days I'll be in class, some days I'll be in front of +/–30 students in a lab setting (so short distances), some days I'll be doing research, some days I'll be presenting research updates to my boss and lab mates, and many days will turn into late nights and potential long walks across campus to where I managed to park my car.

The late night walks are primarily why I would carry. Being able to make a difference in protecting my students or research mates is also important.
I would lean on pocket carry if I were you. It should be comfortable all day, and should accommodate a number of different pistols and revolvers that would do the job. And it's particularly well-suited for after-dark walks--you can have your hand on the gun well before a potential threat becomes an overt one.

Can it print? Sure, but a decent pocket holster conceals the shape of the gun. Check out Lobo Gun Leather. I've also heard nice things said about Mika Holsters. A revolver's rounded butt is a little more print-friendly as well.