View Single Post

Old 08-20-2017, 01:51 PM

Liked 3,546 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyBruce View Post
Did you catch the "he was livid" line?

This customer was a LEO in the process of switching jobs. He could not carry a Sig P320, nor a .357 Sig. He stated he needed a different gun. That shop was not a Glock Blue Line dealer so all Glocks are retail price. He did not have $550.00+ to lay out for a new handgun.

I paid $323.00 and $300.00 each for my used Sig P250sc pistols. The .40 S&W had night sights and a total of five mags. I would be buying a pistol deemed unsafe to carry and use, expecting to be without it for well over a week at some point. I am sure Sig will make the necessary changes to every P320 out there. When? How quickly will your gun be returned to you?

I was taking a risk and offering to do him a favor...he didn't see it that way.
The more you write about this, the worse it sounds. For starters, attempting to make a deal in a gun shop isn't kosher IMHO. Secondly, the customer was a LEO and needed a different handgun for his job, but didn't have the money. I don't understand folks who take advantage (or attempt to take advantage) of a person in times of need and want. There is a member of our club who just can't wait to make a visit on a widow of a member of the gun club. Luckily, I don't want nor need to sell my P320C. It is my first and only Sig. It is my favorite 9mm semi-auto to date. We'll have to see if the trigger mods detract from the trigger pull. I'm not thrilled about the mods, but as it isn't my "go to" pistol, I'm not in a big hurry to send it in.