View Single Post

Old 08-22-2017, 11:37 PM

Liked 1,982 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
I sent the first back for warranty repair after the tip snapped about 3/8" from the point. They charged me a blade replacement fee for a knife that was less than three months old. While waiting for the first to come back, and before i knew I would be required to pay the fee, I bought the second. About 1/2 of the tip snapped on it the third day I had it.
I have owned seven 110's (one being a custom) and only had one where the tip broke. It was due to my fault of trying to pry something open. I noticed you did not mention how you were using the knife. Clip point blades are weaker at the tip and Buck even states that on their website (go down to where they show "clip" point): https://www.buckknives.com/about-kni...e-right-knife/

Not sure if you were aware but you could have just asked them to retip the blade. That's what I did when I broke mine. They just reprofiled and retipped it so that I didn't have to put a new blade. It came back shorter but still functional. Even still, the $10 they charge for a new blade is hardly anything to complain about. That even covers the shipping back to you.