View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 09:22 AM

Liked 6,061 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheOzone View Post
Learning a lot from this thread. Thanks for the info all.

I need to look at several things here for sure. Trying to insert individual rounds and check my case size in relation to the cylinder, the plunk test for revolvers I guess. I use a LFCD on all my 45 ACP so it does some resizing after I finish seating. Range brass is tricky sometimes, all sizes and condition so I've found one more trip thru the sizer gives me better uniformity. I believe some range brass is so worn out that it loses it's ability to be sized. I can feel those in the sizing die sometimes and generally chuck them.

I'm going to start running the bore brush thru the cylinder and looking for powder under the ratchet star.

I think I have a good ammo product from my experience with loading for 1911's. Pretty much have that down as I haven't had any malfs in a long while. I'm gauging all my ammo. Now I have a feeling that I might need to focus on the powder build up in the cylinder.

The Lee Factory Crimp die will size the bullet down to factory specs, in most cases 0.452". If your barrel is larger than that it will lead.