View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 11:28 AM

Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REARSPROCKET View Post
I used an M&P Pro factory sear in my Shield and the trigger is very nice. The Pro sear is the same as a Performance Center sear. S&W adds a heavier sear spring under it to bring weight up a little. A lot of people set up their Pros for competition and install Apex sears, so there are a lot of new take out sears to be found. I tried an Apex 063 and it was very nice but too light for carry from just under 4lbs to just over.
I'm very interested in doing the same to my Shield 9.

Is your Shield a 9, 40, or 45? Also, when you say the sear from the M&P Pro/Performance Center works on the Shield, which Pro/Peformance Center sear (9, 40, or 45) works on the Shield 9?

From what I've gathered so far on the forum, the .45 Pro/Performance Center sear only fits on the Shield 9 (the M&P Pro/Performance Center 9 and 40 don't fit the Shield 9).

Did you ever measured the trigger pull with the factory sear compared to after when you replaced it with a Pro/Performance center sear, can you share how much the trigger pulled dropped?

I'm mostly interested in doing this because i want to try and keep the trigger pull at 5lbs or just above 5 lbs. I don't want it to drop below 5 lbs as Apex advertises their sear probably can.

Would really appreciate any helpful feedback, thanks!

Last edited by jnbr19867; 08-24-2017 at 11:37 AM.