View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 08:46 AM

Liked 12,742 Times in 3,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
I can OC in the shopping center, and is legal, and it has nothing to do with just because I can. It is my wife, and I preferred form of carry. Some people just need to worry about their own envelope. OC has been protected for over 70 years in NC, and it was the only option until 1995. It is normal here, but I know some people may not find that acceptable. Good thing that roads go both ways.

As far as CC, my bug stays in my pocket, never had anyone notice. Most people probably in most states just do not care enough to notice if someone is CC, even if they print.
Carrying in malls can get a little strange. We have a local mall that is posted no handguns on the main entrance in the front. However, there is a sporting goods store that has it's own separate entrance and it is not posted, and neither is the entrance from their store into the rest of the mall. In addition, the door on the back side of the mall leading to the food court is not posted.

I am sure people have carried in that mall numerous times before ever seeing that sign on the front door. It's thus ambiguous at best, and it really comes down to any individual stores choosing to post at their particular entrances if it's really important to them.

However, I suspect most people who conceal carry there don't feel like arguing the point with mall security, or risking a "man with a gun" compliant to law enforcement, and make sure concealed is truly concealed. I suspect security would be asking anyone carrying openly to leave the premises, and in fact I've never seen anyone open carry there. That said, I might make it to the mall all of 2 or 3 times a year.

The malls I have visited in the Raleigh area have not been posted, but again I have never seen anyone open carrying. It's legal, but it's not common. And again, I might get there 1 or 2 times a year. I'm not big on shopping malls.
The Following User Likes This Post: