View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 07:48 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAINSMITH View Post
You knock the press, you knock the case feeder, and now you knock bushings. Now Hornady came out with a fix and it doesn't cost you one red cent. And that is a problem?

When is Dillon coming out with a bullet feeder?
Hornady's fix is a *******g shim. How about, oh, design the bushings so the tolerances match up with the tool heads?????? Yes an issue when trying to match 5 holes. Yes a single tool head is superior to 5 bushings. No I am not really knocking the LNL. I have stated if I never wanted a case feeder, then I would consider it. I have loaded on one, I have measured all the critical dims with my machinist buddy on his press. So I have pretty good exp with both, the 650 is a better tool IMO. I just hate hearing the BS about being cheaper, it isn't all that cheaper, $75 all in, not worth the price for a slightly inferior priming & case feeder & more flex in the press than I like.
Why are you so hung up on the bullet feeder thing? I can put any bullet feeder I want on the 650, Hornady, RCBS or MBF. Since the MBF is slightly superior to the Hornady & RCBS, it would be my choice, but I am not that lazy, don't really need to spend the $300-$400 to up my speed over 700rds/hr & complicate my press even further. My buddy has run all three on his LNL & his 650, the MBF runs the best on either press. I just don't care for them. If I was running dedicated 1050 for every caliber, then sure why not, I am not having to get everything retuned when switching calibers.
A LNL by itself is a simpler press to use hand feeding everything, why I would consider it over a 650 w/o case feeder, & said this many times. The priming system alone on the 650 though is worth the extra $$ but then you really need to run it with a case feeder to be efficient. Stopping to put cases in the tube sucks up a lot of start & stop time.

Last edited by fredj338; 08-28-2017 at 07:53 PM.