View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 09:47 PM

Liked 210 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
My buddy sent the bushing back to Hornady for inspection, his press I was loading on. You only have to google this stuff, I am not making it up. Bushing suck when you have to use quite a bit of force, like large rifle cases. So any misalignment is gonna play havoc with them. It was a solution to a non existent problem IMO, swapping dies out. Conventional lock rings are fine & once adjusted, never come loose & only takes hand torque to secure them in any press & remove them.
Well what I know about bushing issues is Hornady had a batch of defective press bushings several years ago that would break the tips off. Mostly in stations one and three. Anyone who had this issue and contacted Hornady myself included got new press bushings.
Its mechanical and one can do the "should have could have would have" but it happened and Hornady fixed it. Other than that issue I have had no other issues with the bushings. As far as using the shim for the powder measure I never really did but saw that Hornady had shims for it so had them send them.
Those that have Dillon say its the best. Ok sure though all the reloading oem's have good and bad for their price.
I load on a 650 as well as my LNL.
I like things about my friends 650 and he likes things about my LNL. I don't like things about his 650 and he don't like things about my LNL.
Life is just too short for me to worry about this stuff.

Last edited by Carrier; 08-28-2017 at 09:50 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: