View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 09:53 PM

Liked 580 Times in 140 Posts

I really like these threads.

Only "tip" I can add:

Always (ALWAYS) close your blinds/curtains as soon as it starts to get dark outside. (Preferably, keep them closed all the time - You don't gain anything by letting people peek into your home).

Seems obvious, but far too many people don't understand the simple fact that lights inside + dark outside = you are completely exposed, anyone can see what you're doing from miles away.

Likewise, if you're house is dark inside (ie: middle of the night) and you hear something outside, don't turn on the lights. You won't see anything and if anyone's outside they'll see you.

Also, I prefer to not leave any gun related material in plain sight (books, magazines, decals). If there's a break-in when I'm not around, nobody should even guess there are firearms in the house. Same goes for guests, repair services, neighbors. You just don't know who may be looking into your stuff.

I know, this all may sound bloody obvious to most of us here, but unfortunately it is not that obvious to people in general. Kids, wives, friends. I try to make a point to teach these simple things to anyone I can.

Last edited by diegobxr; 08-28-2017 at 09:54 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: