View Single Post

Old 08-29-2017, 06:57 AM

Liked 85 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Hornady's fix is a *******g shim. How about, oh, design the bushings so the tolerances match up with the tool heads?????? Yes an issue when trying to match 5 holes. Yes a single tool head is superior to 5 bushings. No I am not really knocking the LNL. I have stated if I never wanted a case feeder, then I would consider it. I have loaded on one, I have measured all the critical dims with my machinist buddy on his press. So I have pretty good exp with both, the 650 is a better tool IMO. I just hate hearing the BS about being cheaper, it isn't all that cheaper, $75 all in, not worth the price for a slightly inferior priming & case feeder & more flex in the press than I like.
Why are you so hung up on the bullet feeder thing? I can put any bullet feeder I want on the 650, Hornady, RCBS or MBF. Since the MBF is slightly superior to the Hornady & RCBS, it would be my choice, but I am not that lazy, don't really need to spend the $300-$400 to up my speed over 700rds/hr & complicate my press even further. My buddy has run all three on his LNL & his 650, the MBF runs the best on either press. I just don't care for them. If I was running dedicated 1050 for every caliber, then sure why not, I am not having to get everything retuned when switching calibers.
A LNL by itself is a simpler press to use hand feeding everything, why I would consider it over a 650 w/o case feeder, & said this many times. The priming system alone on the 650 though is worth the extra $$ but then you really need to run it with a case feeder to be efficient. Stopping to put cases in the tube sucks up a lot of start & stop time.
OH GRASSHOPPER WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN? Could you not tell that "When is Dillon going to come out with a bullet feeder?" Was a setup question?

If you notice I will not attack you unless you attack me. If you attack my press I will attack back. If you attack my case feeder I will attack back.

Now I noticed no one had mentioned the MBF. So I opened the door. I had hoped that some one would have said "I have a BMF and I love it" But no you had to say that the BMF is "superior".

Well here are some facts for you: You noticed that I said that I loaded 100 rounds of 9mm in 4:30. There is a reason for this.

Two weeks ago I had my 60-year-old physical, and after the blood test was gone over I mentioned that I thought that I might have "tennis elbow" He came over to me and lifted my shirt and grabbed my belly and shook it, he then lifted my pant leg and looked at my chicken legs. He then said "I don't think you have played tennis in 40 years. I think you have "reloader elbow". Slow down." He never looked at my elbow.

But with my case feeder loading 100 cases in 1:55 and my bullet feeder loading 100 RN in 3:35 I might get that down to 3:15. ( Already 30 bullets in the tube.) And if I am running a bet you can believe that I will ignore the Docs advice.

Last edited by DRAINSMITH; 08-29-2017 at 07:01 AM.