View Single Post

Old 08-29-2017, 06:58 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post

Where we falter is what we do with that. I think the industry and the shooting community trivializes female shooters in a lot of ways, and I think that shooters themselves are doing the community a disservice in how they behave and act at the range. It's not a boys' club anymore.

At the same time, I think we work too hard to treat women as being different than male shooters. Yes, there are obvious physical differences, but I also think that there's a strong association in men's minds that a woman shooting must be a new shooter, or in need of coaching (and so many of them really, really don't need any help).
In 2016, Tennessee issued 180,000 carry permits (new and renewals). Roughly one in three, 62,000, were issued to women.

The Oct/Nov issue of Handguns (isn't it still August?)-- turn the cover page and there's a full page picture of Julie Golob. There's been a remarkable campaign the last several years to bring women into the firearms world, including 2A rights. Women of the NRA. NRA Women | The Power of Women

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-29-2017 at 07:22 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: