View Single Post

Old 08-30-2017, 10:14 PM

Liked 4,377 Times in 1,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman51 View Post
I have an LCR 357 that was my main carry for many years. I also have a 640-1 that I like looking at. I would say it is very comparable to the LCR but because it is heavier it never did replace the LCR as my main carry. I also have 2 Rossi snubs that are clones to S&W 36 but they never were used as my main carry. They actually are accurate and have nice trigger actions.
I read about the 44 spl and I bought a Charter Bull Dog which is my main carry now. I just don't care much for the 38 spl or 357 since going to the 44 spl. If I was to go back to carrying 357 it would again be the LCR.
I have restrained myself from offering opinions as to which revolver of the four listed is my choice to give "Bob" a more diverse set of opinions. (And I posted it here on the S&W M640 Forum to ensure impartiality.)

But since you didn't ask. I own two really nice steel framed .38 special Rossi's a 68 and an 88. Acurracy and shootability on par with S&W M36s, fit and finsh, nope. I used to have a Charter .44 Bulldog and a .45 Pitbull (but my son really, really liked them). I really liked that you could extract without moon clips on the Pitbull. They were not horrible shooters but were not as accurate as my .38s. Maybe that was me, maybe the loads or the particular guns. Again fit and finish not up to S&W standards.

I like holsters, shoulder or belt. In a holster the heavier guns have thier weight distributed better, and are easy enough for a big guy to conseal.

Last edited by TomkinsSP; 08-30-2017 at 10:15 PM.