Thread: 4" 5 screw K22
View Single Post

Old 09-04-2017, 06:24 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,497 Times in 10,053 Posts

To me all K22s are great.

My 18-3 has given me lots of enjoyment for over 30 years. Owning it did more for my ability with revolvers than any gun I own or even straight up target practice. The untold hours and cartons of 22 shells fired while just walking around the hills firing at small objects I would see at various ranges. I got it while working on oil drilling rigs and on jobs with man camps, I used to go out in the daytime while working night shift and spend a couple hours everyday shooting it. Pick a spot somewhere away from camp and the rig and drop the little nylon boxes from the shells and as I walked around shoot at those. Would end up with a lot of the little boxes and would fire at one until the cylinder was empty or it flew out of sight. Different ranges, different angles etc. When it was getting close to time for the rig to move I would pick them all up and start up somewhere near the new location. Worked a week of days, a week of nights then a week off and I fired a lot of rounds during the day when I was on night shift and did it for several years until that oil boom was over. I still like to take it out in some patch of sagebrush and blaze away at targets of opportunity. More fun than the range. My 2 new step daughters think it is fun to shoot too. When we go camping it is always part of the entertainment.

This forum has made me appreciate the older stuff more and wasn't going to pass up a Combat Masterpiece in 22lr.

Last edited by steelslaver; 09-04-2017 at 06:28 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: