View Single Post

Old 09-07-2017, 10:51 AM

Liked 24,293 Times in 6,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgk777 View Post
When you check your bag at check-in, it IS marked with a special handling tag (similar to the normal destination baggage tag). . Doesn't say Firearm, but it is marked and tagged for tracking.
At the final destination, your checked bag does not just show up on the carousel, it is hand delivered to baggage claim desk of your airline. The attendant scans your bag to note that has been delivered to the receiving end. At that point my bag was triple zip tied, my identification checked, and after that, my bag was handed to me.
So as I wheeled my soft luggage bag with my enclosed locked hard cased mini safe with three thick white zip ties clearly viable on the outside, everyone in the airport knows I have guns in my luggage. Everyone. The good guys and the bad guys.
What airline and airports are you referring to?
I regularly fly with guns in checked baggage and the only tag issued is tapped to the outside of the gun case at check in, and upon arrival, my bags are dumped on the carousel with everyone else's bags. Only once did Southwest take my long guns to their baggage office, where I had to show ID to take possession.