View Single Post

Old 09-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Liked 141 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Your hearing is definitely going to take a hit... but beats the potential alternative.
This is why I have a 300BLK SBR with suppressor in my bedroom, I'm still shooting supers so while it's still on the loud side of comfortable it's not going to cause permanent hearing damage to myself and my family members if they are in the room with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagular View Post
Check your state laws. For self defense/CCW in my state it's like 20 feet. Anything beyond that and you have the opportunity to evade the situation (so they say). That kind of scenario has too many variables in a rule of law situation. Define the parameters of your question a little better and you may get more helpful answers.
In my state it's defined as an attacker having the "immediate" ability and intent to kill or seriously injure yourself or an innocent (that word is important) 3rd party. They go on to further define immediate as 2 seconds, so depending on what they are attacking you with the distance varies. You will be surprised how far a human with a knife can travel in 2 seconds at full pelt, and obviously with a firearm it's pretty much any distance with line of sight if they are shooting at you.

In a home defense situation I'd grab my family and hold up in the bedroom or bathroom, wait for them to come to me, so my max distance is never likely to be more than the width of a room.

Last edited by arnoob; 09-08-2017 at 06:23 PM.