View Single Post

Old 09-09-2017, 03:39 PM

Liked 485 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm_creek_smith View Post
Well, we made it there and back without incident. As you drive onto MCRD Parris Island, there is a sign indicating that carrying guns is a Federal crime. I didn't break the law, although my daughter (in their car behind us) complained that I just got saluted and waved through because I showed my DD FORM 2 (RETIRED) while they had to show drivers licenses, registration, and proof of insurance. [emoji41] My brother and I secured our carry guns in the hotel when going on base and carried everywhere else without drama.

The one thing I will change the next time we do something like this is to take a second (or third) gun. At one stop on the way home my wife had me leave my carry gun with her while I made a late run to the store. Her gun will now travel with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on the second (or third) gun. My traveling iron is usually my off duty Glock 27 and a 442 in my pocket.
The bride can operate the 442 in an emergency well enough with her weakened hands.
When I retire, I foresee revolvers being my LEOSA traveling companions. No senseless magazine restrictions to deal with in Communist states.

Last edited by Kframerbluvr; 09-09-2017 at 03:42 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: