Thread: model 59
View Single Post

Old 09-12-2017, 08:45 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
Oh no, I meant that even in that condition, as a collector item, I didn't think the price was that good. They're not rare, they're not highly-prized. About the only thing you could say is that they're generally in "well-used" condition. But yeah--somebody will eventually pay that for one, or the seller will come down a bit.
If I am reading the completed auctions correctly, the last two blued NIB Model 59 pistols on GB sold for $1,200 each. There is a definite premium market out there for 1st Gen S&W pistols in very high (ideally unfired in original factory box w/everything) condition. You may not be prizing them, but someone else out there obviously is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
But as a real beater of a range gun? Easily tops the fun-per-dollar charts.
Now there you've got the advantage on me because I know absolutely nothing about beater range guns. I don't own a single one. Dear old Dad (R.I.P.) would turn over in his grave if I ever even talked about a Smith & Wesson firearm that way, let alone owned one.

I may be missing a lot of fun, but I don't want dear old Dad coming back from the grave to haunt me.
The Following User Likes This Post: