View Single Post

Old 09-12-2017, 01:34 PM

Liked 349 Times in 161 Posts
Smile

Hello all! (yes, keyboard fixed, no more caps locked lol) i have bought several mecgars from a vendor in Germany, and they have been used on a 5904, two 5906, and a 5903tsw interchangably. Fit, finish and operatinon of them, simply flawless. they are stamped mecgar, made in Italy, and have a deep blue finish. only downside to them, their witness holes are 2 or 3 on their 15 round capacity. its beyond me why not poke more holes to them prior to bending in shape.
As for the promags, here it gets interesting. Recently, i bought a 4506-1 from a police officer. this was his official sidearm fro 5 years until now. Along, he gave me 5 magazines. 1 factory black follower. two factory accuguide that apparently came with the gun. and finaly, 2 promag 10shot. having heard all the bad things about promag, i inspected them thouroughly, and low and behold, each has a crack on their right side "ear?" should i say? i asked him what had happened there, and said, that even though he too saw these cracks, was unable to tell at what time they had formed. (sidenote, he had them imported from the USA when he got the gun 5 years ago). he said, they run great, and as a matter of fact, they were always with him on duty. (i believed him, because their pouch was equally worn as that of the two oem, as well as the pistol holster.) he said he had issues only with the factory accuguides, sometimes not holding the slide back when empty. But all was well with the promags and of course with the black follower oem.
Anyhow, fast forward to now, and indeed, both promags work fine with the 4506-1 as well as with a 4506 st3epped frame. despite the cracks, wich aftr 500 rounds have not gotten any worse. on the other hand, the accuguides, do not operate proprly at all times, indeed not holding the slide back everynow and then. Bottom line, IMHO, buy whatever you find at the price you like, and then go test it, regardles who made it. true, lineage is important, but personally, i would hold on to those two cracked promags that i have, and put aside the oem accuguides. ( just saying). Also, the accuguides have their springs replaced recently, and their followers are the supposedly yellow kind. (though they look more like olive drab to me, but them again, discoloration and deterioration of plastic is expected after all these years.) and now i will try the pictures thing. hopefully they will upload
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAG 1.jpg (33.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg MAG 2.jpg (36.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg MAG 3.jpg (26.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg MAG 4.jpg (36.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg MAG 5.jpg (45.9 KB, 26 views)