View Single Post

Old 09-15-2017, 12:35 AM

Liked 4,807 Times in 1,042 Posts
Default Vietnam on PBS

On Monday, the Vietnam series will start on PBS. I have serious concerns regarding how this series will play out, especially in the politically correct world we live in. I was a Marine assigned to a Tank company for 21 months in 1969-1970 and like many other Marines, lost friends and saw what a giant cluster the whole war was. Nothing was gained and the only thing we have to show for it is a black wall with 58,000 + names on it. I want the politicians held accountable for the many American deaths that resulted from the on again, off again bombings in the north and these idiotic cease fires that allowed the enemy to regroup and refit. These people may be responsible for as many American deaths as the NVA/VC by their failure to act.

As a Marine, I am very proud of my service and of the Marines I served with. These young men were warriors and would follow a leader into hell ,and many of them did. I want these people that were more concerned with getting reelected than the young men and women that were dying for absolutely nothing in a war that we never intended to win to be remembered in history as the sorry scumbags that they were.

I have vented enough and pray for healing in a country that is divided as we are. It is almost like 1968 all over again. Semper Fi,

Sgt. B.T. Jefferies
USMC 1968-1972
The Following 13 Users Like Post: