View Single Post

Old 09-16-2017, 04:59 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,729 Times in 1,320 Posts
Default S&W Model 29-2 Great Shooter 4" Barrel

Greetings,

I enjoy target shooting the most with .38's and up. My favorite as of late has been reloading and shooting for the .44 magnum. My goal was to find two that were not in perfect shape, which I could carry on the farm and enjoy using for target practice. A few bucks out of pocket and several years searching (locally, mostly) I found em'.

I thought for a moment to trade this one....another nice gun came up and I thought about it. After considering it for a day or two, I realize I simply can't trade or sell this one at any price. It is something I don't worry about collectability, etc. given that it has bluing loss and a few nicks here and there.

I modified a few items for target shooting. The grips have been cut and slightly rounded...I found this fit better in the hand, personally, compared to a N frame combat for general usage. Hammer, trigger, spring, have been modified slightly for a smooth action. Have a nice floral carved holster for it; however, I have no clue what happened to it. It's here somewhere.

Anyways, here are some pics I hope you enjoy. Feel free to post your plinking 44s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1378.jpg (134.5 KB, 231 views)