View Single Post

Old 09-19-2017, 07:58 PM

Liked 81,864 Times in 18,487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ringo kid View Post
Glad they worked out well, I wasn't aware you had some kind of nerve damage to your wrists arms areas though. Doubly glad they had these in stock tough.
My condition's called multi-focal motor neuropathy. It's a degenerative peripheral motor nerve condition. Basically my motor nerves aren't communicating with my muscles properly. It started about 7 years ago. I kept dropping stuff and my right hand wouldn't work right. Also, I have severe drop foot on my right side which causes tripping and falling and difficulty walking.
My neurologist said I have severe weakness in my right hand and wrist and moderate weakness in my left hand and wrist. The severe drop foot and various other motor nerve problems.
He offered to help me with getting an electric scooty chair. I replied "(expletive deleted) that."
Took me nearly a year to relearn to walk using the muscles that still work. My wonderful wife was with me all the way.
I still have some problems going down steps and curbs can be challenging to step off of.
Leather work's good therapy for my gimpy hands and if I brace my right wrist it makes my right hand a bit more useful.
Wearing boots that support my ankles helps me with walking.
Over the years, I restructured my diet and I exercise regularly. Getting my weight down really helps me get around and working with weights helps to reduce atrophy of the useless muscles and helps to strengthen the muscles that still work.

Last edited by snubbyfan; 09-19-2017 at 08:00 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: