View Single Post

Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 AM

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Petey View Post
I just sent my 9mm shield back for the fourth time. (Correction= 5th time)
It has had issues with failure to extract since day one . No matter the type of ammo it will at some point fail be it the first shot of the day or number 250 .

I have read of this issue going back to 2013 and wish to know if anyone experiencing this issue has had it resolved.

The worst thing about this whole issue is , I really like this pistol. It points well . I shoot it very well and simply enjoy it right up to the moment it fails.

It was intended to be my EDC but for obvious reasons this pistol is worthless to me.

Additionally: I am quite disappointed in S&W . Both their inability to resolve this matter and the lack of integrity their staff has exhibited in dealing with his issue.
Example: The last time my Shield failed. It both had an FTExtract and the trigger mechanism locked up = pistol rendered completely inoperable .

S&W simply shipped it back without telling me what was done and what had gone wrong. After calling and speaking to the CSR I was told they replaced the slide assembly but still no explanation as to why the trigger group locked up.... Not exactly confidence inspiring.

I own many pistols of various makes .
Never have I had a pistol give me so much trouble.

This is my seventh S&W and likely my last. (Correction= 6th)

Yes this has turned into a micro rant, but I wish to know if anyone has had this issue resolved and how.

Thank you & Happy Shootin!
M&Petey
Gawd. Just get rid of that particular pistol and buy another Shield. Sheesh. The Shield 45 is leaps and bounds better than the 9, especially that glorious trigger.