View Single Post

Old 09-20-2017, 10:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 724 Times in 291 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalom View Post
NO. Absolutely NO.

I can't believe this even requires such lengthy expounding on economics as some of you have felt compelled to deliver.

Here on the forum, covering all things S&W, we are dealing with nothing anybody needs, in the sense that anybody could buy another brand if they found the S&W product offered too expensive.

So for the benefit of weak people who just have to have what they really don't have to have, and may therefore be vulnerable to being overcharged, the OP is asking for PRICE CONTROLS imposed from above?

You've got to be kidding.
Looks like you did not take the time to read my post. No where and and at no time did I ask the admins here to do anything. Being on this forum for a few years and seeing a few items that were priced far above fair market value to the point of what some might consider unethical, and perhaps to the point of doing a disservice to a new member that may have been looking for that item, I merely thought it interesting how another forum was handling that and as I said in my original post "just sharing a thought". I know sometimes people here get a little carried away with their own beliefs when someone tries to share a thought that may not be the accepted norm or in line with their thinking, but again, was "just sharing a thought", not asking the admins to do anything, let everyone's conscience be their guides so to speak; and I still do believe that an approach of discouraging such behavior on the part of a seller does serve the interest of what a forum should be about, which, at least to me, means sharing accurate information and treating other members in a fair and ethical manner, not trying to scam anyone. In any event, I am glad to see that my post brought forth some interesting thoughts that others had to share on the subject, and I hope that such sharing of thoughts and ideas can still be done here without getting peoples panties in a twist.