View Single Post

Old 09-22-2017, 07:59 PM

Liked 1,408 Times in 847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinentalOp View Post
I was a member of ACLDN for a few years. The only reason I'm not now is money. It's not that expensive in the big scheme of things, considering what they provide, but it's more than I can afford right now. I do plan to rejoin once I'm able.

There were a few reasons why I chose them over other options:

- They provide money up front for attorney fees*
- They provide money for bail*
- They cover members even if something other than a gun was used (empty hands, knife, stick, etc.)
- IIRC they cover members for both criminal and civil proceedings
- They provide experts to help with defense strategy
- They provide a list of affiliated attorneys, but you don't have to use them if you prefer using your own attorney
- They provide a lot of educational materials regarding legal preparations, use of force, the legal aftermath of using force, etc.

Fortunately, I've never had to use their services.

* I believe they have an initial limit on how much they'll pay as part of your membership, but you can apply for additional funds if needed.

While I haven't done it, I have heard of other people combining ACLDN with other memberships to maximize their benefits.
This is my choice as well. I researched all of the insurance companies in the self defense arena and I liked what I saw from ACLDN the best. Hope this helps!