View Single Post

Old 09-22-2017, 08:39 PM

Liked 9,471 Times in 4,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
Well all well & good but while I am -nowhere- near changing your mind... I am closer to changing your mind than you are to changing my mind.

It's like you love the baloney sandwiches you've been eating for 50 years and you are asking for suggestions with bread, cheese and mustard and I'm saying "save your money and buy a steak" and your firm reply is that you've never had a steak but you sure love this baloney and none of it matters since you'll be shipped off to the home soon anyway.

Man I wish we could do a range day together!
Ha!!!!! Don't let it bother you. As I've said before, I do just fine with the cheap wine so no need at all for me to buy the expensive stuff.

But that tends to miss the point. The elite center-fire guns just don't particularly interest me. Remember when I had the chance to buy a damn nice Model 52-2 for $700 out the door and passed? I probably should have bought it just to flip but it really did nothing for me. It was sad that it did nothing for me, but it didn't. Likewise with some of the PC guns I've stumbled across over the past 5 years.

The day might yet still come for one or two of the PC guns but they don't grow on trees around here and when they do appear, they don't give them away. Let's remember that one of the biggest attractions to 3rd Gen pistols for me is the amazing bargain they represent today in a high-quality all-metal pistol. The higher the price tag, the more alternatives there are that one should consider in other brands.

Last edited by TTSH; 09-22-2017 at 08:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: