View Single Post

Old 09-24-2017, 03:39 PM

Liked 3,207 Times in 1,084 Posts

I recently inherited a Lefever 410 side by side from my stepfather. He recently passed and his daughter did not seem interested in any of his gun related stuff.

I am not sure of its value and I'm sure when compared with some of these "premium" and "collectable" A1 condition specimens showcased in this thread it really has almost no monetary value.

However..........to me it is priceless. I never really had the chance to become very close with my stepfather....he really was my mother's husband. That said, he was a very kind and gentle man who took great care of my mother. Due to distance and the point in ours lives we were in, he and I just never had much time to get to know each other. I will always be indebted to him for what he did for my mother and I really can't say enough good things about him.

It absolutely broke my heart that his daughter wanted to have nothing to do with the vast majority of his possessions. I have posted the Winchester Model 94 of his that I inherited as well. It bothered my that his daughter didn't even care about his WW II uniforms or medals/awards.

To me this side by side is priceless. It was unbearable to think that it would be sold off to a pawn shop or someone that would not appreciate it for what it had come to represent.

It holds a place in my safe beside his Winchester Model 94 and my father's Savage Model 99 and my father's Fox 16 gauge side by side. In my mind these guns are priceless because they belonged to two of the best men that have ever been on this earth.