View Single Post

Old 09-27-2017, 01:30 PM

Liked 679 Times in 313 Posts

Sitting here with close-up glasses on, a magnifying glass, and a bright flashlight, the case mouth is very minutely crimped, and the forward edge of the bullet jacket is slightly rolled into the lead edge of the HP cavity.

I wouldn't use the word "tapered" to describe either.

The case mouth still provides enough edge to potentially hang up on a chamber mouth on insertion with speedloaders.

The bullet nose is rolled inward away from the case mouth roughly the same 1/32nd of an inch that the nose extends beyond the case mouth.

The case mouth edge does not touch the bullet.
I can't see any deeper into the case below the section of bullet nose that's rolled inward, but there'd be no reason to taper the bullet or jacket "below the waterline".

Best I can tell, the bullet is full-diameter just inside the case mouth & just below where the jacket "crimp" begins.

The bullet nose & jacket are not visibly "tapered" and nothing I see about the cartridge configuration appears to be set up to aid chamber loading.

The rolled-in jacket at the nose would appear to be there simply to crimp the leading edge of the jacket to the leading edge of the lead, which you can find in other JHP bullet designs.
Denis
The Following 3 Users Like Post: