View Single Post

Old 09-27-2017, 11:02 PM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Ok, this oil arrived today. 1 gallon jug labelled as FMO-350 AW Oil Replacement from Southern Parts and Engineering Company. Clear, thicker and more viscous than Ballistol (but still thin enough to be drawn into a 20 ml syringe with a blunt tip 18 gauge needle). No smell.

I sent an email to them asking for a msds or more specific data, and explained my intended usage as a firearm lubricant. I will relay whatever they respond.
edited to add: prior to purchasing, I did already have the info I listed above, which lists it as an H1 lubricant, primarily white oil with approved additives. I'm hoping to find out what these additives are

If this ends up working as I hope, this will be a great bargain. The actual Lubriplate brand is quite pricy: 20 bucks for a spray can from their store, and someone marketing small kits of grease and oil for around that price. I got a gallon for that price, and already have found a grease I like to work in conjunction.

I realize it's the same price as plain ol' motor oil, but I like the fact that it is just as functional (if not better), and is listed as an H1 food-grade lubricant. That makes it safer to handle, and I like to handle my guns

Last edited by scoobysnacker; 09-27-2017 at 11:09 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: