View Single Post

Old 09-29-2017, 06:44 PM

Liked 135 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
The Pro Series, not the Performance Center.

The 640 Pro gets upgraded sights, a cylinder cut for moon clips, and (I believe) a trigger job.

The sights are a big upgrade. You go from a pinned ramp front and U-cut frame rear, to a real front and rear sight--dovetail-fit Tritium night sights. It's a better sight, to start, and it makes the whole gun more interesting to shoot. Good sights don't just make it easier to hit, they make it more fun to practice with.

Not to mention--since they're dovetail-fit (super-rare in a small-frame revolver), they're drift-adjustable! If you've got a decent sight pusher, you can adjust the sights on your J-frame!

The moon clip cut on the cylinder is pretty handy. It's not a cheap job to have done in the aftermarket--TK Custom will do the job for $150. It buys you not only easier reloads, but easier extraction. I would use .38 Spl +P to make extraction a cinch.

It also comes sans lock. Begging the moderators' indulgence, I consider that a feature.

There are some other things (the Pro Series as has a fluted barrel that I wish they would not have done) but those are the two meaty upgrades.

The Pro Series MSRPs for $839. The base 640 goes for $729. Even just the moonclip cut makes the Pro a steal.

The last Bud's price for the Pro was $728 (they're out of stock), and their price for the base 640 is currently at $598. So--$130 bucks.

Lucky Gunner did an okay writeup:
http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/be...40-pro-series/

And yes, at the end of the article, he says he's not giving up his LCR and thinks it's better. But that's okay, because he's wrong.
Watch grabagun.com. Got my 640 Pro there for $629. They are in stock now but if not sign up to be notified. Their price for the Pro is what most places charge for the standard 640. As far as carrying, I have both the 640 Pro and 442 Pro. They both pocket carry easily. After 5 minutes in my pocket, I can't tell the two apart. You can't go wrong with either gun.
The Following User Likes This Post: