View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,205 Times in 2,862 Posts
Default UPDATE

I have now spent over a year with the CS9. Round count sits just below 2000 rounds. With zero malfunctions and zero parts breakage.

I just put a new recoil spring in it and put the Hogue OEM grips back on for the fall/winter carry season. I have used the fine cut down TercGen Delrin grips for most of the past year. They are excellent for hot/humid weather carry. TercGen, my friend Big Dog would be proud of the nice job you did making those grips for those of us who were wanting them.

While I carry the CS9 mostly on the belt in a Don Hume JIT slide, I did aquire a very nice IWB holster for it. It is a DeSantis Cozy partner. And aptly named it is. Very comfortable to wear all day. Well constructed and durable as well. After much use mine looks brand new. It holds the CS9 securely and still allows a fast presentation. The Cozy Partner is 18DAI approved.

I will still use my DeSantis Nemesis "pocket holster" as well. While I am not an advocate for pocket carry, I did try it several times during the past year. The Nemesis worked very well with the CS9 in that mode of carry. The flat mag baseplate is a necessity though. Otherwise the tip of the finger rest baseplate sticks out of your pocket.

I primarily use the Nemesis holster as an IWB holster. It stays put when you draw and keeps moisture off the gun during hot weather. Unlike my experience with other black finished "value line pistols", I experienced no issues with rust while using the CS9 over the last year. Once a week I wipe it down with a silicone rag. It gets cleaned every two weeks unless I'm shooting it.

Lube used is TW25b. And after almost 2000 rounds the rails show very little wear. The exterior finish does show quite abit of wear. Silvering on the high edges of the slide and wear around the trigger guard and at the muzzle on the frame. This is to be expected and is not a concern. But a Melonite refinish of the slide is mighty tempting.

Anyways, I still love this little 9mm. It is still my gun choice for those times I "can't have a gun" and it is still accurate, reliable and looks good doing all that. If you get a chance to try one, by all means do so. Regards 18DAI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cs9.jpg (112.8 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by 18DAI; 10-07-2017 at 09:47 AM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: