View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 08:20 PM

Liked 686 Times in 357 Posts
Default Inquiring minds want to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakco View Post
I also, unfortunately had to shoot a dog. I was armed security at an apartment complex. One late evening a 140# German Shepherd snuck up behind me and bit me just below the belt line. His upper teeth went into my gun belt and his lower teeth went into my butt. He gave zero warning. No growling or barking before he attached. The next thing I knew we were facing each other.

People talk about what happens when you have to shoot in self defense. I actually experienced it! I don't Remember drawing my Glock 17 and barely remember the gun going off. Some will say the following is excessive, I shot him until he fell. A friend heard the gun fire and said he heard pop, pop pop, pop pop, pop. Yes, I shot him 6 times with 124 gr Federal Hydroshocks. First 2 went into his lower jaw and upper chest and the next 4 went into his side. I didn't know how many times I fired until the police came and investigated. They found six cases on the ground. There was a big row over it. Owner was mad, owners friends were mad, I was in the newspaper and Rush Limbaugh even mentioned it on his show. I was cleared of any wrong doing. I learned right then and there that I DON'T EVER want to be in a DGU involving a human being. It was mentally stressful enough shooting a dog.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Wow, glad you came out of it O.K.! Were the owners cited?